Sunday, September 7, 2008

Another newcomer . . . Ryan Braddock!!!

So the only experience I've personally had in the wrestling "business" was like eight or nine years ago with this small fed from the south suburbs of Chicago called the LWF (Lunatic Wrestling Federation). I had a community-college class with one of the dudes (shout out to Havok) and we initially bonded over our love of bands like the Suicide Machines and other punk bands before we discovered our mutual fondness for wrestling. He was also the first person I ever saw with a copy of the Method Man & Redman album Blackout, which is killer if you've never heard it.

Anyway, I hung out a few times with these guys and was even fortunate enough to ring announce on these two small shows in a church gym and a school gym. I was probably shitty, but they were experiences I'll never forget. Most of the people associated with this company were cool and just regular dudes, not super interested in being all secretive and guarded about their wrestling business. Of course, I just hung out and kept my mouth shut, preferring to talk about music or things I actually know something about, having been raised smartly enough to know that their business wasn't my business.

It's been fun watching former LWF guy CM Punk work his way up through the indies to his current spot as Champ, but ECW this past week brought us another LWF alum - Ryan Braddock, who wrestled as Brad Bradley back in the day. He was always very pleasant to me (the few times I said like three words to him), and that sort of stuff means a lot when you're hanging out with a new friend's old friends.

I couldn'd find his debut match against Ricky Ortiz from ECW, but he wrestled again (briefly) on Smackdown against Super Crazy, so here's the match for your viewing pleasure.

Congratulations, Brad Bradley!!!



----------------
Now playing: Dinosaur Jr - Sludgefeast
via FoxyTunes

No comments: