Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summerslam results and quick thoughts

So I never got my predictions in before I went out of town, so here's some reactions to this past Sunday's SummerSlam PPV!

MVP vs. Jeff Hardy

Good to see MVP getting a win over one of the company's biggest face, Jeff Hardy. I feel like Hardy is pretty limited, but kids love him so whatever. MVP is my type of wrestler, though, and I'm glad this means he'll be on my TV more.

Santino & Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James & Kofi Kingston (double title match)

I like this, too. Santino & Phoenix should be great as champs, and they have chemistry so we'll see.

Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry (ECW title match)

Matt Hardy won, but by DQ so he doesn't get the belt. ECW kind of sucks, now.

CM Punk vs. JBL

Punk won, so that's cool, but I'm not sure how this went down, so I'll post more about this later. Glad to see a young champ, though.

HHH vs. Great Khali (WWE title match)

No shit.

Batista vs. John Cena

A little surprising, but this feud is so stupid I don't even care.

Undertaker vs. Edge

Makes sense that 'Taker would win his signature match, but based on the scant pictures I saw, this wasn't a total bloodbath like I'd hoped. In hindsight, though, this is probably better because this feud hasn't had enough time to build. What doesn't make sense is that this match was a Hell in the Cell match, which is billed as the most brutal way to have a match. Why waste it?

More later!

No comments: