Sunday, June 28, 2009

Official (the) Bash Predictions!!!

Well - tonight is the Bash, and I'm actually going to be watching it over at a friend's place, so here are some predictions that I'll most likely be wrong about!

Triple H vs. Randy Orton (Three Stages of Hell Match, WWE Championship)

I forget what the first two stages are, but does that really matter? It's going to go to three (the third being a stretcher match, which we saw recently between Jeff and Matt Hardy). Here's to hoping that Orton retains, because Triple H is just so unlikeable as a Face.

Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk (World Championship)

This is the match I'm most looking forward to. Like Bobek said in an earlier post, the slow burn the WWE is doing with what appears to be a Punk Heel turn has been highly enjoyable. On the Smackdown leading into this PPV, they even had Punk tell the crowd to "give it up" for the number-one contender to his belt, after Hardy had lost the match. JR and Cole both mentioned how they detected sarcasm in his voice, which was cool. We'll see how things play out at this PPV, but it's looking like Punk will officially turn via some dastardly deed. Let's hope it's not just bashing Jeff with the title or something.

So, Punk retains and they draw this out, hopefully. Whatever happened to the Matt Hardy/Jeff Hardy feud?

Colons vs. Legacy (Undisputed Tag Team Championship)

How does this work? If the Colons win, they still "get" to defend their belts on all three shows, but if Legacy wins, the titles stay on Raw? I'm going to pick Legacy here, so Orton and his crew can all have gold.

Tommy Dreamer vs. Jack Swagger vs. Christian vs. Mark Henry vs. Finlay (Scramble match for the ECW Championship)

What's cool about this match is that everyone but Mark Henry has a good chance of winning this. I'll go with Swagger winning it back because I like him.

Melina vs. Michelle McCool (WWE Women's Championship)

I have no idea what's going on with this feud, so I'll say that Michelle McCool will win this.

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio (Intercontinental Championship vs. Mask match)

Mysterio will probably win the belt, because WWE must make a mint off Mysterio merch.

John Cena vs. the Miz

Wouldn't mind seeing the Miz pull out a win, here, but Cena will most likely crush him. But why not push Miz? What do they have to lose? Cena isn't doing shit, anyway.

Dolph Zigler vs. the Great Khali

I'm gonna' say Dolph. I haven't followed this feud whatsoever because the Great Khali just makes me mad.

Lots of belts on the line, which is always good for a PPV, I just wish, once again, that these matches had more than a few weeks build. That being said, I think it could be a very strong PPV based solely on the wrestlers involved. Check back for PPV thoughts!

No comments: